Shallots


I'm looking for advice on shallots -- it's exceedingly difficult to source organic shallots here in Wisconsin, USA. I just ordered some seeds from Johnny's which I'm sure will be great, but I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for entirely. From my understanding, French shallots rarely go to seed and so you have to get sets. But there isn't a lot of info about the difference. These seeds from Johnny's even claim to be French shallots... so I don't understand the fuss about these 7 dollar sets offered elsewhere. Also, (my apologies to you shallot farmers) but they're basically cool little long storage onions right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need help planning my garden

Our garden is absolutely full of weeds and clover and they're all around the plants. How do we fix this? A lot of the plants are too close together to use a machine for it. We don't want to lose our garden

Can you help me out?