How do I prepare for spring with a brand new garden?


I moved back to my hometown in middle Europe and got a rather big garden now. It’s been pretty neglected, some thuja hedges seem on the brink of dying partly because of the scorching summer and bramble has taken over. Since the region has apparently good soil and produces a lot of fruits and veggies, I’m planning to make this a hobby-project in spring and have ordered some veggie and herb seeds. The garden already has an elderberry-, cherry- and hazelnut tree. Currants, a tiny apple and plum tree (planted last spring) and even a Japanese cherry tree for whatever reason. All rather neglected but they seem to do fine. Now the question: when can I start to get rid of the bramble, plant, fertilize and cut back stuff in that garden? It’s December, yes, but I think planning in advance might save me a ton of stress figuring this out in springtime. Anyone has an idea what I already can do or should prepare for? I’m new to gardening and grateful for tips!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need help planning my garden

Our garden is absolutely full of weeds and clover and they're all around the plants. How do we fix this? A lot of the plants are too close together to use a machine for it. We don't want to lose our garden

Can you help me out?