Balcony garden ideas?


Hey guys, I’m a student living in NZ, who currently only has access to my appartment balcony, a small area around 5x5m, to set up a garden to grow some of my own food. Also contemplating setting up a quail hutch, to process some of my food waste and provide a touch of domestic meat (hunt for the rest of my protein). Starting the garden because food costs are going nuts here in NZ (1 sweet potato is $8, a broccoli is $3.50, a pepper is $2.50 each, and a whole organic chicken is $35). Going to be buying 4-5 x 120L pots, what are some really easy to grow, calorie dense crops that don’t require too much effort. Have some experience with gardens, mum and grandmother have huge ones at home, but never started one from scratch myself. Cheers guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our garden is absolutely full of weeds and clover and they're all around the plants. How do we fix this? A lot of the plants are too close together to use a machine for it. We don't want to lose our garden

Need help planning my garden

Can you help me out?