Planting chestnuts to grow trees, can I do it or I'm nuts?


Hello everyone:) I found some beautiful chestnuts in the Italian mountains ( zone 6 or 5 ) and my thought was to try and plant them at home, zone 8 in the Po valley where only horse-chestnut grows ( said the person who refused to sell me a plant because the knew for certain, even I never attempted to, that the plant was going to die and tryed to convince me to buy a horse chestnut instead.) I said thanks very much but I I intend too eat my chestnuts. SO I gathered a few of them in the mountains but now I don’t know how to plant them, as anyone ever planted them from seed aka “chestnuts fruits “ how would you recommend I proceed ? - temperature I need to make them germinate- potting soil mix ecc.I would be so thankful since I’d love to try and have one or more chestnut trees on my farm.I’m a bit on the cannibal side since my surname is indeed chestnut in Italian but you guys don’t mind, right? lmao Thanks for any advice and happy harvesting:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our garden is absolutely full of weeds and clover and they're all around the plants. How do we fix this? A lot of the plants are too close together to use a machine for it. We don't want to lose our garden

Need help planning my garden

Can you help me out?