What eats 20+ slugs overnight? (and drinks beer)


Hey everyone!My parents have a pretty big garden and they've been complaining about slugs. I've looked online and read the beer hack, so yesterday evening we placed an old tray with beer on the ground.A few hours later, there were already 20-ish slugs in the tray (some still alive, some I presume drowned in the beer) and at least 30 others a few feet around the tray, clearly heading the same direction.This morning when we went to check - nothing. There was no slug anymore, not even the already dead ones, and the tray was dry and empty. No slugs around the tray either.I was shocked to say the least. What animal/insect could have eaten this many slugs overnight?​For context, we frequently have stray cats and dogs in our garden, but I don't think they're into slugs (my cats and dogs don't even bother smelling them). We've also seen a bunch of different types of mice over the years and a random hedgehog as well. I've thought about insects but there was no trace of half-eaten slugs and I don't think insects could eat so fast. We have a small body of water nearby, but not the kind that hosts ducks, maybe occasionally a frog.​So, Reddit, what slug-eating, beer-drinking animal does my garden host?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our garden is absolutely full of weeds and clover and they're all around the plants. How do we fix this? A lot of the plants are too close together to use a machine for it. We don't want to lose our garden

Need help planning my garden

Can you help me out?