Reversed olla watering?


Hi, I'm relatively inexperienced with gardening and this is my first season growing veggis on my balcony and in my doorm room.We have two weeks of vacation time coming up here and I'm traveling back home for the time.Ofcause the question of "how do I keep my plants alive?" has risen and I had an idea to keep them with enough water for two weeks.Olla watering works by putting a terracotta pot, filled with water, into the soil, which then releases said water over time.This isn't really an option for me but what if I reverse this procedure? What if I put a (holeless) terracotta pot, that contains my plant, into a bath filled with water? Will the water slowly hydrate my soil and plant?I havent found anything online abojt this and wanted to ask if anyone has tried this before or might have a guess if this works or not.Additional info and tldr: The terracotta pots my plants are in are not glased and leak water if I water them too much, my guess is if I put them into water they are able to hydrate themself for a long period of time. Is that correct?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need help planning my garden

Our garden is absolutely full of weeds and clover and they're all around the plants. How do we fix this? A lot of the plants are too close together to use a machine for it. We don't want to lose our garden

Can you help me out?