Questions to help regain my backyard after losing 3 feet of it to raspberry bushes.


Hello all,I have a wild unmanaged raspberry bush in my backyard. It has remained in its place from simply mowing the grass in front of the bush. This year however it took over 3 feet of the yard. My questions are: Can I simply cut the stem/branch/whatever they are called, at ground level? Will this contain the bush/give me my 3 feet back?Will the cut branch be a stepping hazard( are they strong enough to pierce a shoe?) How deep would I have to dig to prevent further spreading? My plans for next year are to trim bind and trellis them hopefully. Some are over 7 feet long and are too heavy to stand. They lay on the ground and rot. Thanks for your time and info.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need help planning my garden

Our garden is absolutely full of weeds and clover and they're all around the plants. How do we fix this? A lot of the plants are too close together to use a machine for it. We don't want to lose our garden

Can you help me out?