WILD RASPBERRY CARE- need help please


OK so I just moved onto a property and located a TON of berry plants that I'd love to care for, however I'm lost when it comes to getting to learn how to. So info- I'm located in Wisconsin, zone 4. It's June 17th and the raspberries I found have flowers on them. I believe they are Wild Raspberries.1-So for starters, I'd love to move them and just put them all together in one massive bed and let them take over (because right now they are scattered in the most inconvenient areas)...but each one I've attempted to move died by morning. I keep seeing all different things online about WHEN to dig them up and move them...but they say different things....one said in the fall after the leaves fell off..just before winter..but then another said to do it DURING the end of winter??? (This is not possible for me as we get very heavy, harsh winters that lead into march. Locating would be IMPOSSIBLE for me and would be a miserable task). But then ANOTHER said wait until AFTER winter, immediately when the ground soil is workable, just prior to spring.I am SO CONFUSED. When can I dig them up SAFELY without them dying on me??? Cuz I'll be so upset if I dig up every single one to move and they all die on me.2-Also pruning...when a new plant pops up (primocane), do I just leave it completely alone until the following year before pruning in ANY way? Or do I cut the tops off in order for it to bush out more laterals the next year?3-Then for mature canes (floricanes), when exactly do I prune them? Fall? Winter? Just before spring?? (Or was I supposed to do it when it was still technically a primocane??)Do I only cut the laterals that fruited, leaving the ones that didn't, alone?? Or do I just cut the ENTIRE cane to the ground? Also when I prune am I cutting the tops back (the skinnier areas) just before spring??4-is it better to prune before or AFTER digging up and moving???5-how can I tell which 'suckers' are not fruit producing ones???6-if my leaves are incredibly thick creating too much shade for the rest of the plant, can I remove leaves to allow more sun to get in? Or will that ruin something???And #7-do the same answers for the raspberries apply to the black-raspberries and blackberries I've also found on my property or do they have their own set of rules??(Sorry I think I'm autistic so I need things to be super specific or I struggle to follow along)Also can I put all 3 types together in the same bed area to co-exist or no? I notice they all kind of grow in their own designated spots on the property, not intermingling, but Idk if that's by chance or not

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need help planning my garden

Our garden is absolutely full of weeds and clover and they're all around the plants. How do we fix this? A lot of the plants are too close together to use a machine for it. We don't want to lose our garden

Can you help me out?